Monday, June 9, 2008

When Life Hands You Lemons...




Make lemondade! Yeah, right. After a lemon of a day, the last thing I want is to sugar it up! No, I want to bask in the sour juices that oozed out and made my day a slippery, sticky mess. I want to frown and pout over the bitter zest that threw me into a tail spin. Basically, I want to roll around in my misery and feel sorry for me. Have you ever had a lemon of a day? You know, what I'm talking about. The kind of day where you trip over your own two feet, you drop everything you pick up, you forget what you're doing every three minutes, you have a double ear infection, and NO ONE does what you think they should.

Poor me. Let down by the world again. And then, it happens. That still, small voice says, "Ahem! Remember me? I'm the Lord of your life. Why are you allowing the world to squirt lemon juice in your eyes? Why are you ignoring the riches and beauty that I have placed before you, my child?"

He pours on the sugar: I saw cows grazing in a lucious field of green. I listened as my nephew, Sam told me about his pet caterpillar. He named him Marvel. I noticed corn and tobacco plants inching taller and taller from the rich soil of the earth. I heard the cicadas sing a wondrous symphony beneath a star-filled sky. I felt the touch of my mother's hand as I helped her to the sidewalk. I experienced the power of God when thunder rumbled in the distance and lightening dazzled an ebony sky. I looked at all that God has created and I had to say, "It is good."

Tell me about the "good" ways God took your day from sour to sweet. (Coyrighted TNTNKY, 2008)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah...I had a lemon of a day myself today. selahV
p.s. great post. ain't had enough sugar yet. tomorrow. maybe tomorrow