Friday, November 30, 2007

Frosty...A Friend Indeed!



Remember when Frosty was brought to life by a magic top hat on Christmas Day? From the first time I watched Frosty the Snowman, I think I understood some of the most distinct elements of friendship. Frosty loved Karen with a pure, sacrificial love. Even in the earliest moments of their relationship, Frosty watched out for Karen's well-being because he loved her. He made many choices that elevated Karen above self.

Frosty brought laughter and fun into Karen's life from the very moment he took his first breath. Whether they were marching down the streets of town, outsmarting an unthoughtful magician, or attempting to communicate with a crazy rabbit, Karen's heart was warmed by Frosty's endearging personality!

Frosty promised to return each Christmas to visit and play with Karen. Frosty's promise echoes God's promise to each of us. He promises to always be with us--living in our hearts. Frosty promised to always be there--living in Karen's heart. How loving warm promises are!

I am enjoying this must see classic today with my students. It is my effort to bring a little bit of magic and love to their life. Don't let the season pass without filling up a cup of cocoa, stoking the fire, and popping your most beloved holiday classic in. After all, we never truly grow up, do we?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear Karen are one of the Frosty-kind of friends. Only problem is, you melt me with your warmth and you fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling every time I hear from you.

so glad you are writing.
I'm gonna to get that video for the girls and I to watch. selahV

Ramblin' Rose said...

Aww..I always loved Frosty too. My family and I watch that video every year.

TNT said...

Oh, do you have the girls this weekend? That would be a fantastic way to spend the evening. Soon, I will pull out Miracle on 34th Street. That's my all time favorite Christmas drama.

SelahV said...

Next weekend with the girls. We'll make a gingerbread house at church for family nite on Fri. fun...I'm really excited. selahV